Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
The Grant and Administration Coordinator is responsible for corporate \ foundation relations and office administration. This position includes frequent interaction with the Board of Directors, staff members, vendors and volunteers. Please submit your resume to Mark Willet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate / Foundation Relations: The focus will be directed toward meeting budget goals for corporate and foundation funding by preparing grant proposals, RFP’s and stewardship reports, writing fundraising appeals, prospecting for new sources of grant revenues, managing the grant/reports calendar and updating all relevant grant related information in the database.
- Draft grant proposals and reports related to corporate, foundation and government funding solicitations and RFP.
- Maintain grant management system in database, updating deliverables, contact information, activity and follow-up.
- Conduct regular new funding prospecting, keeping up to date on emerging philanthropic trends in the field and staying current on the funding relationships of competitor organizations.
- Maintain calendar indicating renewals, reports, new prospect deadlines.
- Completion of all interim and final report requirements associated with grant deliverables.
- Coordinate national grant deliverables (applications, agreements and reporting) with JA USA.
- Maintain accurate donor files for all corporate, foundation and government donors & prospects.
- Work with Program, Event and Development staff on ongoing basis to determine funding opportunities and priorities for existing and new programs.
- Prepare and present reports on a regular basis for review by the leadership team.
Administration: The focus will be to oversee day-to-day functions for the organization including vendor contracts, record keeping, accounts receivables / payables, deposits, facilities and company inventory.
- Responsible for records management including vendor accounts, billings, contracts for services and general office management.
- Manage office equipment and supplies including phone systems, copier/fax and postage machine.
- Oversee all technology needs for the office. Serve as technology liaison to tech support providers.
- Manage daily mail processing including routing daily mail, preparing cash and check log for monetary gifts, and other payment/expense distribution as received.
- Prepare bank deposits, complete bank reconciliations and process check requests. Assist with preparing materials for annual audit.
- Complete annual state filing documents and submit to appropriate entities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in corporate and foundation grant writing and stewardship (education and youth development field a plus)
- Strong analytical and research skills, ability to glean actionable information from data and feedback; ability to assist with budgets.
- Experience in operations or general office management.
- Strong organizational skills, proficient in MS Office, ability to summarize data and create reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends and / or evenings.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 lbs.)